Customer demands for water have risen to record highs this summer in New Jersey and new landscape watering restrictions in Manchester, NJ have been put into place.
The landscape watering restrictions started in June and will be effective until further notice.
Water Conservation in Manchester Township
- Residential and commercial properties within the township with an odd numbered street address can water their property on odd calendar dates.
- Watering is prohibited on the 31st of the month.
- Residential and commercial properties within the township with an even numbered street address can water their property on even calendar dates.
- Watering cannot exceed 30 minutes.
- Watering between the hours of 10 AM and 5 PM is prohibited.
The watering restrictions in Manchester Township do not apply to properties using their own private well system, however, a sign must be placed in front of the property to notify officials that there is a private well in place.
Temporary exemptions are possible for newly sodded lawns for up to 30 days if a sign is placed in front of the property to notify officials of the new sod.
Hanging plants are exempt from the restrictions. As of now the 2016 watering restrictions in Manchester Township only apply to lawns and landscaping.
Although, not official restrictions, Manchester Township encourages property owners to adhere to the following water conservation practices:
- Install self-closing nozzles on hoses.
- Only run dishwashers and clothes washers when full.
- Turn off faucets when not in use.
- Sweep patios and driveways of debris instead of using a hose.
About Joanne’s Chem-Dry of NJ
Joanne’s Chem-Dry of NJ is located in Toms River and provides low-moisture carpet cleaning in Manchester Township.
The summer months are a popular time for professional carpet cleaning and our service complements the water restrictions in Manchester since Chem-Dry uses 80% less water than steam cleaning or rental machines.
Joanne’s Chem-Dry of NJ uses no soap to clean carpet so we don’t need all the water required for rinsing soap from carpet fibers.
Our process is eco-friendly and perfect for the current water conservation movement in place in 2016.
Learn more about our carpet cleaning service in Manchester.