Did you know Ocean County offers an off-leash, enclosed dog park in Lakewood within the Ocean County Park?
Most of Ocean County Park is subject to mandatory leash laws to protect pedestrians, however, the dog park provides an area for dogs to roam free and exercise.
The dog park in Lakewood includes an area specifically designed for small dogs as well as watering areas and shaded spots for owners and their dogs to relax.
The dog park in Lakewood opens at 8:00 AM and closes at 8:00 PM (closing time varies depending on the season). For information on closing times call (732) 506-9090.
An attendant will be on the premises for three hours after opening and three hours prior to closing to monitor dog behavior and enforce rules if necessary.
Lakewood Dog Park Rules:
- Children under 8 years old are not allowed within the off-leash area.
- Limit two dogs per person.
- No more than 20 dogs within the off-leash area at one time.
- Limit your session to 30 minutes or less if people are waiting.
- Dogs must have on a collar with proper licenses.
- Dogs must have all vaccinations.
- Male dogs must be neutered.
- Dogs must be leashed prior to entering the off-leash area.
- Owners must clean up after their dog(s).
- Dogs under 4 months old are prohibited.
- No dog treats or toys allowed in the off-leash area.
- Owners are responsible for their dog’s behavior.
Admission to the dog park in Lakewood requires yearly registration per dog. Each dog costs $5 per year and must have all necessary vaccinations. Male dogs must be neutered and the owner must live within Ocean County, NJ.
Proof of registration will be required for future visits to the Ocean County Dog Park.
Joanne’s Chem-Dry of NJ in Toms River provides pet-friendly carpet cleaning in Lakewood, Ocean and Monmouth Counties.
Our carpet cleaning process requires no soap, no chemicals and less water than steam cleaning or carpet rental machines.
Learn about P.U.R.T.®, our pet urine removal treatment.